Town School for Boys is committed to attracting and creating a school community that reflects the diversity of the San Francisco Bay Area. We value the inclusion of families with a broad range of economic diversity understanding that they enhance the educational experience and the culture of our school for all constituents. Through our Tuition Assistance Program, we endeavor to help families of economic diversity who embrace the school's mission with financial support to meet the cost of a Town School education.
How To Apply For Tuition Assistance
By End of January
• File your completed Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) directly with the School and Student Services (SSS). All SSS forms are available online at http://sss.nais.org/parents/
• Please complete only one PFS if you're applying to other Bay Area independent schools
• The Town School for Boys code is 7708
By End of February
Submit the following supplemental financial records to the SSS:
• Copy of your current federal income tax return (Form 1040). For example, by the end of February 2014, please submit your 2013 tax return.
• Copy of all current supplemental income tax schedules W2s and 1099s
• Business/Farm Financial Statement (if applicable)
The School and Student Services website (SSS) is a service used by independent schools across the country to help assess a family's ability to pay for independent school tuition. The form is generally available by November 1st, for applications due January 31st.
The all-inclusive tuition charges for the 2013-14 school year are as follows:
Grades Kindergarten - Five: $26,700 (plus technology fee for grade 5)
Grades Six - Eight: $27,720
There are additional charges for optional extended day program services.
For more detailed information on our Tuition Assistance program, please click here or on the button to your right for a downloadable FAQ. Contact Lynn McKannay, Director of Admission and Tuition Assistance, at 415-921-3747 x 1125 with any questions regarding the tuition assistance program at Town School.