Our building project will:
• Modernize our campus to embrace 21st century curriculum
• Rebuild and renovate 70% of our campus
• Create more space, better space, smarter space
Each generation of Town School boys has looked forward to a changed world, but none more so than our students today. The best way to anticipate the needs and challenges of our students and teachers is to create an agile, flexible, multi-functional and cross-collaborative environment. Please visit our pages on the Inside Town School website for additional information.
Phase 1– Summer 2012
- East Wing Renovation included:
- Multi-lab STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Center
- Spacious, light-filled Art Center
- Structural work
Phase 2 –Summer 2013-Summer 2014 - Core Building Project and West Wing Excavation includes:
- Major renovation of what we call the “core” or middle section of our facility
- “Literary Arts Center” which includes a library, a second floor of classrooms, and smaller areas for individualized instruction
- Additional large Engineering lab to further enhance our STEM Center
- New flexible classrooms and learning spaces
- Seismic upgrades
- Excavation of an area underneath the lower field for a new multipurpose space (to be completed in Phase 3). The lower field playing space will be restored and remain intact after Phase 2.
Phase 3 – Timing to Be Determined - Build Out of Large Multipurpose Space includes:
• Second full-sized Gym
• Performing Arts Center seating 460
Building for Boys: A Home for Town's Future
This ambitious project will provide state-of-the-art facilities that best enable Town School to foster and develop true life-long learners. We will transform and rebuild over 70% of Town's campus, modernizing and renovating a building first designed over 50 years ago. Join us as we modernize Town School, taking it and our students well into the 21st century.To view a downloadable version of our Frequently Asked Questions, click here.